4th of July is right around the corner and what better way to celebrate then with some patriotic food and drink ideas?! The 4th of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. The sparkling bright colors, the fun activities and not to mention the delicious food! Every year we always have an assortment of goodies to eat and nibble on all day. With kids running around and everyone jumping in and out of the lake, having easy to grab food is essential to making everyone’s tummy’s happy.
FIRECRACKER HOT DOGS
Have you ever seen anything cuter?! Super simple to make too! All you need are some skewers, hot dogs, Pillsbury crescent rolls, and your choice of cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Take a skewer and stick it all the way through the center of the hot dog length-wise, leaving about an inch and a half exposed out of the top of each hot dog. Take a piece of Pillsbury dough and wrap it around the hot dog in a spiral shape until you reach the top, leaving gaps in between each spiral. Repeat with the rest of the hot dogs and lay them on the baking sheet.
- Bake hot dogs for about 20 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown.
- While the hot dogs are baking, use a star cookie cutter to cut out stars approximately an inch in diameter. Let the hot dogs cool and then place 1 cheese star at the top of each hot dog in the part of the skewer that’s sticking out of the top.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard.
FLAG FRUIT KABOBS
What better way to be festive for the 4th than with these adorable and tasty flag fruit kabobs. Quench your thirst on those hot holiday days with some juicy and delicious fresh fruit. These will for sure be a hit for all your guests.
RED, WHITE, & BLUE QUENCHER
Speaking of quenching your thirst, try out this icy cool drink.
- Red CranApple juice
- Sprite or 7Up
- Blue G2 Gatorade
- Fill your glass 1/3 of the way full with CranApple juice.
- Fill to the top with ice.
- Slowly pour the remaining drinks directly on top of a piece of ice.
- You MUST pour SLOWLY, DIRECTLY over ice
STAR SPANGLED SPRINKLES
Now those of you with a little sweet tooth craving on the 4th and also in need of a nice cool off will take a liking to these sprinkled ice cream treats. All you need are some plain vanilla ice cream sandwiches and a assortment of patriotic colored sprinkles. Have fun dipping the sandwiches in the array of colored sprinkles and enjoy!